Privacy & Access
Our commitment to your privacy and confidentiality!
Protecting Your Health Information
At the Northern Health Region, we recognize that the personal health information of our clients has been entrusted to us and must be protected. We are required to protect the accuracy, integrity, and security of all health information and are required to sign a Pledge of Confidentiality. We have developed policies and procedures for the protection of health information and provide ongoing training to employees and others associated with the Northern Health Region (“NHR”)
Privacy of your personal and personal health information will be protected within the NHR in keeping with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and The Personal Health Information Act of Manitoba.
- Only collect information that we need to provide you with our services;
- Ensure the information is accurate;
- Keep your information secured and private;
- Only use your personal and personal health information for:
- Your access to our services
- Evaluation of NHR programs and payment for programs
- Approved research and planning related to NHR programs
- Other uses authorized by law
- Give you access to your own records and, if requested, make copies of them at a reasonable cost;
- Only share your information with other health care providers or health care institutions to the extent necessary to provide you with proper health care;
- Ask your permission to share your health information if required for other purposes unless we are required to provide the information for legal reasons.