The Northern Health Region values the contributions made by the community to the health care system. Volunteers play an important role in supporting Region’s values of meaningful collaboration through community participation to improve the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities. Your involvement as a Northern Health Region volunteer strengthens and builds a healthier community!
Volunteers are involved in a variety of ways and opportunities are available in hospitals, long term care facilities and community programs and services. For more information on how to become a Volunteer in the any of our Northern Health Region facilities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at (204) 687-9315.
Please click on the links on the menu to the left of this page to explore other areas where volunteers are needed.
Northern Health Region Volunteers:
- Complement and enhance the provision of health services
- Provide opportunities for citizen participation
- Encourage public involvement and awareness of Northern Health Region services
- Support communication between the Region and northern residents
- Support community development
- Support collaborative community action by both the community at large and individual citizens
- Bring new ideas, skills, insights, energy and fresh perspectives
By joining our team you can . . .
- Help others and strengthen your community
- Broaden your experience
- Develop teamwork and leadership abilities
- Meet new people
- Use skills and knowledge and learn new skills
- Explore a new career