Client Experience Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens when you contact the Patient Experience Representative? It is our goal to contact you, as soon as possible, but this could take up to two business days. The Patient Experience Representative will review your concern and act as your contact person. The time needed to review your concern will vary according to the type of concern. The outcome of the review will be shared with you where possible.
- Share a compliment – Would you like to provide a compliment about a service, or recognize someone who has made a difference to your healthcare experience? Please share your compliment with our Patient Experience Representative by phone or email. We will pass the compliment along to the staff involved as well as sharing with our Board of Directors.
- Why should concerns be brought to the attention of the Northern Health Region? The Northern Health Region (NHR) is committed to providing high quality patient care. We value feedback from patients about their care. Complaints, compliments and suggestions are welcomed as an important way for the region to understand the first-hand experience of the patient. This allows us to learn and improve patient safety and quality of care.Your health care will not be affected by bringing a concern forward.
- How soon should concerns and complaints be reported? The sooner a concern is raised, the easier it is to find an answer or solution. Your experience helps us to learn, and improve the care that is provided. When you have a concern about your care, start by talking to your health care provider (nurse, doctor, other provider). If you still have questions, please ask to speak with the Manager of your unit / health centre or community program.If your concern is still not addressed, speak with the Patient Experience Representative. You may be asked to leave a message, but your call or email will be returned. In order to review your concern, it is important you provide your name and tell us how we can reach you. Otherwise, we are limited in how well we can review your concern and speak to you about it.
- Sometimes concerns need the involvement of others. The Patient Experience Representative will be happy to speak with you about all types of concerns or complaints. The process used to review your concerns will be shared with you. We will work directly with you, or with someone who has your consent, to review your concern. Information related to your concern will only be shared with the appropriate authorized individuals in order to resolve your concern. We may need to review your health record and talk with others involved with your care. When you share a concern your privacy will be protected according to the Personal Health Information Act of Manitoba (PHIA).
- What if I am still not satisfied?
If the Northern Health Region’s review of your concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact:
Phone toll free: 1-800-665-0531
Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living