The Northern Regional Health Authority (Northern Health Region) was created in 2012 through the amalgamation of the NOR-MAN and Burntwood RHAs. The Northern Health Region is geographically the largest of the five RHAs in the Province of Manitoba.
Within the Region there are:
- 2 cities (Thompson and Flin Flon)
- 6 towns (The Pas, Gillam, Grand Rapids, Leaf Rapids, Lynn Lake, Snow Lake)
- 1 Rural Municipality (Kelsey)
- 1 Local Government District (Mystery Lake)
- Multiple hamlets and cottage settlements making up “unorganized territories”
- 26 First Nations communities (most of which have adjacent non-treaty communities)
Please click on the links below to view the latest Travel Manitoba videos which showcase our beautiful communities.
Come for a Job, Stay for the Lifestyle
- Relocation Allowance – Up to $5,000 for qualifying positions
- Northern Allowance – This is a tax deductible benefit
- Retention Allowance – Up to $10,000 for qualifying positions
- Vacation – 20 vacation days in years 1-3; plus 2 additional travel days each year
- Education Support – We support life long learning
So what are you waiting for?
The Northern Health Region is full of opportunity! We offer the perfect setting for a diverse and rewarding practice environment. This is a place where your professional ambitions can be realized. Our friendly and supportive staff will help make you feel right at home. By providing information and resources in a supportive and encouraging environment, our workplace integration programs help ease the transition into a new career in the Northern Health Region. We are progressive in supporting you through continuing education. We encourage ongoing education as a way to foster your personal and professional growth.
Financial rewards are a part of the package! The Northern Health Region is not only professionally advantageous, but you will also benefit financially with competitive salaries, retention allowances for qualifying positions, relocation assistance, northern living allowance and a comprehensive benefit package.
If an active lifestyle appeals to you, you’ll love our Region. Crystal clear lakes, seemingly endless boreal forests and more are less than a five minute drive from our major centres. Our four season playground was made for everything from golf, hiking, skiing, sailing, fishing and hunting and snowmobiling. The possibilities are only limited by your desire and imagination. Where else can you find progressive towns and cities.
You owe it to yourself to talk with one of our recruitment officers to find out more and have your questions answered. We’d be pleased to welcome you to the true north, strong and free.
Flin Flon, The Pas, Snow Lake & Area
P.O Box 240, The Pas, MB R9A 1K4
Phone: (204) 623-9229 • Cell: (204) 620-2033
Toll Free (866) 758-7871 • Fax: (204) 627-6805
Thompson, Gillam, Lynn Lake & Area
867 Thompson Dr. South, Thompson, MB R8N 1Z4
Phone: (204) 778-1455 • Toll Free: (866) 758-7871
Fax: (204) 778-1477